Morning coffee and news go together like alcohol and regret, right? Nah? Ahem.
Recorded another 🗣bulletin yesterday evening and it was vintage rols premium delirium golden hour - come for the news, stay for the crazy.
Stories I covered:
- Recycling sitch is becoming especially scary with some quantifiable figures emerging: ie our recyclable waste contamination rate averages out around 20% (does that mean 1 in 5 of us is just that lazy?) and for China to start accepting it again it’s gotta be at 0.5%. WHAT YOU PUT IT IN THE BIN MATTERS!
- Canberrans are currently winning this very game with food waste bins proposed to offset both landfill volumes and fuel emissions. Yes we CAN,BRA.
- Researchers are asking nerdy citizens in WA to record frog sounds to an app called FrogID to help flesh out data on these slippery and elusive beings - and guess what, it’s working. How cool are nerds!
- If you don’t know who Boyan Slat is, you should, as he is about to launch a genuine attempt to launder the worlds messiest diaper aka the Great Pacific Garbage Patch. Critics abound, but f them! We - or rather, he - gotta start somewhere.
- If acceptable edible yield of a fish is around 40%, what happens to the other 60% of its biomass? Well, now you can buy it in Paddington, and it’s proper delicious and proper good for you.
Plus 2 bonus stories if you make it that far down the road with me!
Climatechange news: worth my sanity, worth your hungover attention 👍🏼♻️👍🏼♻️👍🏼
Thanks again ABC!
[iTunes ~ ‘Lucky Roland’]