Didn’t get this up over the weekend, too busy down south playing in the sea and such.
Another bulletin up now but, you know the drill yeh?
Here’s wus occuring:
1. Building houses and roads in active dune systems is a stupid thing we can’t stop doing
2. The Great Barrier Reef reacting to climate change is like an elephant trying to get out of the way of a bullet train - it might be able to avoid disaster, but it relies entirely on whether the train slows down or not. Sort of? #shitmetaphors
3. We’re figuring out things to do with rubbish other than leaving it to fester in a landfill pit that we never have to see or think about. Choice!
4. Would you eat whale? Nah? Me neither, but I’m not 100% sure what separates a whale from any other mammal. Any ideas? If you’ve got any Norwegian m8s they might be keen for a ch@ with u
5. Feral cats are a gnarly problem we might be able to solve with technology, but if we use technology to repair nature, is that technology repairing nature? Or just inventing a new version of nature? Cripes what a question (hmu if you have the answer)
6. Vegan definitely ain’t the answer, but the reality is that even the most responsible meat production is more harmful than the most environmentally-damaging vegetables. Yup, reality bites, but vego is the future.
Give it a listen.
Oh, and heres the Collaroy video referenced. Interesting shit.
[NOTE: when I say there are nutritional deficiencies in veganism I am speaking broadly - I reckon we can agree that the dietary restructuring and level to which you must supplement is broadly prohibitive for the vast majority of people!]